Welcome to Evil Genius - Evil Genius Online - Evil Genius 2 Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Important Announcement!

Hello Members and Guests. Welcome to the Evil Genius Community, we are a fan run community for the original Evil Genius and its future titles Evil Genius Online and Evil Genius 2. As a guest you can read all topics/ ideas as much as you like. If you would like to take part in discussions its easy to join just fill in this form. If you would also like to keep updated with community news and events - join our newsletter here.

Photo

Utilities micro management

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Trip

Trip

Sergeant Major

• Guards
  • 189 posts

Anyone think that EG2 should have a little more in the way of micromanagement of utilities? 

I liked how power worked in EG1 and the loss of power/ maintenance etc but as a fan of management style games, I don't think it went far enough. 

I'd like to see more power management by being able to build power cables under the floors to distribute power to parts of the base, these cables also need to be maintained. This way you can have higher security around your more critical systems. 

I'd also like to see water introduced in the same way, toilets and sinks. 

General Ikaika

General Ikaika

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Workers
  • 46 posts

Interesting...*strokes his muttonchops*  I'm not 100% sure about manually placing wires/pipes but that would be something interesting to see done not only as a mechanic but decoration.  IE seeing different conduits along the walls of corridors with some obvious sabotage points that could be utilized by the higher tier agents.  I see a lot of potential for this if done right, even with manual wiring/piping as you want it, like being able to shut down certain rooms in a low power situation.  Another idea would be having separate power rooms powering different parts of the base, so say someone shuts down the 'green' power conduit, the red conduit will keep providing power to defense and security systems.  Maybe even get a little complicated like how some of the combinator things in some games get (like Factorio and Minecraft's redstone system, one way valves, <=> inputs, ect).

I could also think of a funny trap that could be done with a couple of doors and a plumbing system that may raise the PEGI and ESRB rating slightly...(take THAT Mr. White Tuxedo)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

The Evil Genius Community, www.evilgenius2.co.uk is a fan community run by people not affiliated with Rebellion in anyway. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials are registered trademarks of Rebellion. All rights reserved.